908.333.4646 x 103
Dr. Amanda Morales Clarke earned her Psy.D. in clinical psychology from the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology at Rutgers University.
She specializes in working with children, adolescents, and their families experiencing a variety of concerns, including behavioral problems, anxiety and mood disorders. She also has a special interest in working with youth who have experienced trauma and has been trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), as well as Game-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (GB-CBT).
Dr. Morales predominantly utilizes cognitive behavior therapy techniques to address the needs of her clients and their families. However, she recognizes the individualism and uniqueness that each child, adolescent and family brings and often integrates techniques such as art, play, and a client’s own personal interests into treatment.Download CV
- Psy.D. - Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University Clinical Psychology, 2015
- Psy.M. - Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University Clinical Psychology, 2013
- B.A. - Rider University, Summa Cum Laude with Honors in Psychology, 2010
- New Jersey Licensed Psychologist (#5972)
- October 2015—present: Psychologist.
Somerset Psychological Group, P.A., Somerville, NJ.
- July 2014—June 2015: Pre-doctoral Psychology Intern.
Rutgers University Biomedical Health Science, University Behavioral Health Care, Newark, NJ. (APA Accredited Internship)
- June 2013—June 2014: Extern Clinician.
Metropolitan Regional Diagnostic and Treatment Center at Newark Beth-Israel Medical Center, Newark, NJ.
- August 2012—July 2013: Extern Clinician.
Program for Addictions Consultation and Treatment, Piscataway, NJ.
- March 2012—June 2012: Volunteer Clinician.
The Great Expectations Program, Central Jersey Community Development Corporation, Franklin, NJ.
- September 2010—June 2012: Extern Clinician.
Rutgers Somerset Counseling Project, Franklin, NJ.
- September 2010—June 2014: Student Clinician.
The Psychological Clinic at GSAPP, Piscataway, NJ.
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- New Jersey Psychological Association (NJPA)