908.333.4646 x 111
Dr. Saba Khan is a post-doctoral clinician who earned her Psy.D. in clinical psychology from the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology at Rutgers University.
Dr. Khan has expertise in working with individuals, couples, and families experiencing a variety of concerns. She works with clients to improve their capacity to cope with trauma, interpersonal difficulties, and mood/anxiety disorders. She also has a special interest in working with couples who have experienced difficulties in developing deeper attachments and is in the process of becoming certified in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (EFCT).
Dr. Khan has training in psychodynamic, emotionally focused, and cognitive behavioral therapies. Her focus is on helping each individual, couple, and family find ways to build upon their natural strengths to live life more meaningfully.Download CV
- Psy.D. – Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University, Clinical Psychology, 2018
- Psy.M. – Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University, Clinical Psychology, 2016
- M.A. – SUNY at Buffalo, Psychology, 2011
- B.A. – Drew University, Dean’s List, 2002
- New Jersey Temporary Permit (#183-079)
- October 2018—present Post-Doctoral Clinician.
Somerset Psychological Group, P.A., Somerville, NJ.
- August 2017—August 2018: Pre-doctoral Psychology Intern.
Department of Veteran’s Affairs, NY Harbor Healthcare System, Brooklyn Campus (APA Accredited Internship)
- November 2015—July 2017: Couples Workshop Assistant.
Hold Me Tight, NJ.
- September 2013—July 2017. Student Clinician.
Rutgers Psychological Services Clinic, Piscataway, NJ.
- September 2015—February 2017: Extern Clinician.
JFK Center for Behavioral Health, Edison, NJ.
- September 2014—May 2015: Extern Clinician.
Westminster Choir College, Princeton, NJ.
- September 2013—June 2014: Student Clinician.
Women Helping Women, Rutgers Psychological Services Clinic, Piscataway, NJ.
- January 2013—July 2013: Volunteer Clinician.
Rutgers Somerset Counseling Project, Somerset, NJ.
- New Jersey Psychological Association (NJPA)
- American Psychologists Association (APA)