908.333.4646 x 101
Dr. Mary Jane Carlin is a licensed professional counselor. She specializes in working with at risk teenagers and their families, and adult forensic cases. Common adolescent issues include parent-child conflict, depression, social anxiety, substance abuse, eating problems, self harming, suicidal ideation and sexual acting out. Common adult issues include anxiety, depression, compulsive sexuality, legal involvement, substance abuse, and relationship conflicts.
Dr. Carlin uses cognitive behavioral therapy techniques. She works with her clients to set healthy goals for themselves to overcome their issues, and to grow in their confidence to resolve their personal struggles in positive ways. She also encourages effective communication, appropriate boundaries in the family, and better self regulation.
When not working, Dr. Carlin enjoys being with her husband and children, hiking, biking and playing sports.Download CV
- 10/14 to present: Somerset Psychological Services, Professional Counselor/Managing Partner
- 3/02 to 10/14: Staff Professional Counselor, Associates in Psychological Services, P.A.
- 10/01 to 10/03: Clinical Supervisor, Family Crisis Intervention Unit
- 3/99 to 9/01: Clinical Supervisor, Lena Pope Home, Inc.
- 1/01 to 8/01: Professional Counselor, Southwest Behavioral Health Services
- 11/00 to 8/01: Crisis Consultant, Baylor Medical Center
- 4/97 to 1/99: Staff Professional Counselor, La Buena Vida, Inc.
- 8/95 to 5/97: Clinical Supervisor, Manzanita Counseling Center, University of New Mexico
- 12/94 to 8/95: Program Supervisor, Shadows Homeless Shelter
- 9/94 to 5/95: School Adjustment Counseling Intern, Concord Carlisle High School
- 2/94 to 8/94: Chemical Dependency Unit Volunteer, Bournewood Hospital
- Ph.D. - University of New Mexico, 1999
- M.A. - Northeastern University, 1995, Magna Cum Laude
- B.A - Gettysburg College, 1991, Phi Beta Kappa
PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS & LICENSES
- National Certified Counselor (51555)
- New Jersey Licensed Professional Counselor (PC432)
- American Counseling Association Member
- Proficient in speaking, writing and reading Spanish