908.333.4646 x 112
Dr. Joseph Conerty earned his Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology at Rutgers University in 2013.
He specializes in adults struggling with concerns such as anxiety, depression, panic attacks, trauma, work-stress, and general life dissatisfaction. He also treats children, adolescents, and adults who experience motor or phonic “tics” as well as Tourette Syndrome.
Dr. Conerty is experienced in providing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for most of the issues which bring patients to counseling. He understands that patients are often nervous about attending therapy, and will take as much time to explain the process as needed for the patient to feel at ease. He prioritizes his patients’ preferences when tailoring an approach to therapy and selecting goals for treatment.
- Doctor of Psychology – Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University Clinical Psychology, 2013
- Master of Psychology – Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University Clinical Psychology, 2010
- B.A. – SUNY Purchase, Summa Cum Laude, Psychology, 2006
- New Jersey Licensed Psychologist (#6229)
- New York Licensed Psychologist (#023232)
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- February, 2020—present: Clinical Psychologist
Somerset Psychological Group, P.A., Somerville, NJ.
- February 2018—Present: Staff Psychologist
New Jersey Veteran Affairs Health Care System
- September 2013—January 2018: Staff Psychologist
Orlando Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- March 2008—June 2012: Project Assistant
Tourette Syndrome Genetic Sharing Repository, Rutgers University
- September 2007—May 2010: Psychologist & Clinic Coordinator
Tourette Syndrome Clinic at Rutgers University
- Conerty J, Skodlar B, Pienkos E, Zadravek T, Byrom G, Sass L: Examination of Anomalous World Experience: A report on reliability. Psychopathology 2017;50:55-59
- American Psychological Association – Member
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists - Registrant